SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
The Men’s SHARE project supports men in Midlothian who are finding life difficult for any reason at all.
SHARE is open to men aged between 25-50. If you are feeling alone, with no one to talk to, or are struggling with financial or personal issues, please come along.
The project has a relaxed, informal setting and aims to help people build and explore their own resilience strategies and recovery pathways. It also offers an opportunity to engage in activities that promote a sense of purpose and belonging. This is achieved through weekly groups, which meet across Midlothian:
- Monday – Five-a-Side Football at Loanhead Leisure Centre at 5.30 pm
- Monday – Drop in at Newbattle Education Centre from 9.30 am – 11.30 am
- Thursday – Drop in at Dalkeith MVA and Penicuik Town Hall.
One to one support is also available. Monday advice is provide in partnership with he Citizens Advice bureau.
Intended Client Groups:
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Men aged between 25 and 50 who live in Midlothian
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Health and Social Care
Contact Info. & Service Address
14 Lothian Street
Tel: 0131 663 1616
Email: [email protected]
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish Charity whose mission is to promote tolerance and greater understanding of mental health issues through:
- Offering a range of mental health and wellbeing services
- Raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues
- Innovating, developing and promoting new approaches to mental health improvement.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol & drugs Recovery)
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group