re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
re:discover is a befriending service for people living in Midlothian, who are aged from 16 and above. It offers one to one support from a volunteer to people who feel isolated due to mental ill health, and aims to help regain confidence, rediscover old interests, or discover new ones.
People using the service are matched with a trained volunteer, who will provide support and help you to meet your goals. re:discover volunteers will:
- Help build confidence and self-esteem
- Provide more opportunities for social contact
- Provide support in building relationships with others
- Encourage people to take part in their local and wider communities.
Matches will last for up to 6 months. In some circumstances, matches may be extended up to 12 months.
The service accepts self-referrals as well as third party referrals. You can find referral forms at www.health-in-mind.org.uk/services/befriending.html or please get in touch and the team will post a copy out to you
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Adults aged 16 or over, living in Midlothin, who are isolated due to mental ill health
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Old Visitors Centre
National Mining Museum of Scotland Midlothian
Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 4pm.
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
On the street
- Wheelchair Access
- Information in community languages
- Translation Service
- It is possible to meet someone elsewhere if they are unable to access the building
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Lothian bus 29 or 33
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish Charity whose mission is to promote tolerance and greater understanding of mental health issues through:
- Offering a range of mental health and wellbeing services
- Raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues
- Innovating, developing and promoting new approaches to mental health improvement.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol & drugs Recovery)
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group