Orchard Centre Services
Orchard Centre Services provide community based support across Midlothian. There are a range of individual and group services and support.
The Orchard Centre itself is based in Bonnyrigg. It has a cafe with a relaxed and informal atmosphere. Core services include a
- Day Service & Out of Hours – this includes a range of one to one supports and comprehensive group work programme.
- Early Intervention & Crisis Response Service (EICRS) – provides telephone and 1:1 contact for people with a mental health difficulty who are experiencing a non –medical crisis. Open Mon – Fri from 4.00 pm – 10.00 pm. Sat & Sun 10.00 am – 4.00 pm. On Mondays this is based in Mayfield at Sure Start in Mayfield; Tuesdays to Fridays this is based at the Orchard Centre in Bonnyrigg. Telephone no: 0131 663 5533.
- Art Therapy – gives a confidential space to explore thoughts, feelings, and experiences. It uses a form of psychotherapy with art materials to help give shape to thoughts and feelings, when perhaps words cannot be found. No prior experience of art is necessary! Art Therapy is available one to one or as a group.
- Development Project provides an outreach service across Midlothian. It operates in three hubs: one in Penicuik, one in Dalkeith and one in Bonnyrigg.
- CLEAR: Substance Misuse and Mental Health Project – A peer support programme for people with drug or alcohol problems working towards positive mental wellbeing.
- SHARE Project: Suicide, Harm, Awareness, Recovery & Empathy – Support groups for Men aged 25-50 years with a focus on prevention & early intervention.
- ROWAN (Respect Our Woodland and Nature) is a project based on conservation and wellbeing, including health walks, bush craft and environmental art, amongst other things.
In addition to the core services, the following projects are available:
There are also lots of opportunities to get involved with volunteering in the Centre. Opportunities include: board members, group facilitators, fundraising members, reception/admin assistants, café assistants, peer supporters, gardeners and walk leaders.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
1 Douglas Crescent
Orchard Centre Hours
Monday 9.30 am -12.00 pm Groupwork
12.30 pm - 4.00 pm: Member’s drop-in / groupwork
Tuesday 9.30 am - 12.00 pm Staff meeting
12.30 pm - 4.00 pm Groupwork
Wednesday 9.30 am-12.00 pm Member’s drop-in /groupwork
12.30 pm - 4.00 pm Member’s drop-in / groupwork
Thursday 9.30 am -12.00 pm Groupwork
12.30 pm - 4.00 pm Groupwork
Friday 9.30 am -12.00 New member's group
12.30 - 4.00 pm Member’s drop-in / groupwork
EICRS Hours and Out of Hours
Monday to Friday 4.00 pm - 10.00 pm, with members drop in 4.00 pm - 9.30 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10.00 am - 4.00 pm with members drop in 10.00 am - 3.30 pm
Tel: 0131 663 1616
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind has been promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland since 1982. Health in Mind do this by providing a wide range of services to support people and enable them to make a positive difference in their lives. Individuals can approach them directly, or be referred to our services by their GP or another healthcare professional.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Creating Wellbeing – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group
- Wheelbeing Hub