Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
Support from Home is a housing support service provided by the Orchard Centre. It offers one to one, short term support to adults with mental health difficulties in Midlothian. Support can be provided at home, or at an agreed place in the community.
The service can provide up to two hours per week of practical, task focused & solution based support. The Support aims to help re-establish and manage daily household tasks, such as budgeting, shopping and dealing with correspondence. Support Workers will encourage individuals to develop coping skills and help them to grow in confidence.
People using the service will be supported and introduced to social, leisure and educational opportunities. Support will be offered to assist people to achieve goals in both the home and community.
You can self refer to this service. Referral forms are available online or by calling the Orchard Centre on 0131 663 1616.
Third party referrals are also accepted from statutory and voluntary bodies.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
- Adults experiencing mental health difficulties who may have other difficulties incl drug & alcohol
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Adult in Midlothian aged 18-65, who experience difficulty with mental health issues.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Social Work: G.P, Social Work, Joint Mental Health Team.
Contact Info. & Service Address
1 Douglas Crescent
Monday to Friday, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Tel: 0131 663 1616
Email: [email protected]
Public Transport Information
Support is based in the community or service users homes. Transport options will be discussed with individuals at time of assessment and will depend upon the support plan agreed
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish Charity whose mission is to promote tolerance and greater understanding of mental health issues through:
- Offering a range of mental health and wellbeing services
- Raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues
- Innovating, developing and promoting new approaches to mental health improvement.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group