If you are ill and your usual NHS service / GP is closed, you can call NHS 24 for free. However, if you think someone’s life is in danger and you need an ambulance, always dial 999.
When you call NHS 24, you will be asked about your location and your reason for contacting the service. This will be used to direct your call to a suitable health professional, such as a nurse, pharmacist or dental nurse. They will talk to you about your symptoms and tell you what care they think you need. They might suggest that you treat yourself at home, that you see a doctor or another health professional or, in some cases, they might call an ambulance for you.
NHS 24 also provides a number of useful tools to help you manage your health and find health services in your area through the NHS inform website.
On the NHS inform website you can access:
- information on illnesses and conditions, healthy living, tests and treatments and care, support and rights
- a self-help guide that allows symptoms to be checked against causes and conditions
- a directory of local health services including pharmacies, GP’s and hospitals
How To Get In Touch
Phone Number: 111
Opening Times: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Anyone can use this service
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
-24 hour helpline, open year round-
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Information in community languages
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.