Midlothian Access Point
The aims of the Midlothian Access Point are to assist people to better understand and manage their mental wellbeing and to suggest support services, activities and groups in the local area that may help.
The Midlothian Access Point is for any adult aged 18-65 years who are registered with a Midlothian GP practice. You don’t need to make an appointment or be referred by your GP, just come along. The Midlothian Access Point is not a crisis or emergency service, and you will be seen on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. You can bring a friend or partner if you would like to.
When you come to the Midlothian Access Point:
- You will be seen in a private space for up to 30 minutes by either a Mental Health Nurse or the Development Worker who specialises in community-based support
- They will ask you some questions about what you are finding difficult, what led you to attend and what you think may help
- They will give you some information about services, activities and groups in your local community
- They will help you to decide what will work best for you and complete any necessary paperwork
- If appropriate, you will also be offered short-term support to attend these services, activities and groups
Time: 9.30 am – 11.30 am
Location: Loganlea Centre, Eastfield Medical Centre, Eastfield Farm Road, Penicuik EH26 8EZ
Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Location: Midlothian Community Hospital, 70 Eskbank Road, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith EH22 3ND
The Midlothian Access Point is closed on Public Holidays.
How To Get In Touch
Phone: 0131 536 8981
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Midlothian residents aged 18-65 registered with a GP in Midlothian.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
40 Shandwick Place
Monday 9.30 am - 11.30 am at Loganlea Centre in Penicuik
Wednesday 1.00 pm - 3.00 pm at Midlothian Community Hospital
Tel: 0131 536 8981
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Wheelchair Access
- Translation Service
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind has been promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland since 1982. Health in Mind do this by providing a wide range of services to support people and enable them to make a positive difference in their lives. Individuals can approach them directly, or be referred to our services by their GP or another healthcare professional.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Creating Wellbeing – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Men’s SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group
- Wheelbeing Hub