Kindred provides a range of services for parents and families including:
- emotional support
- opportunities for parent to parent contact
Sick Kids team information and advocacy support to families and parents who have a child in hospital. This can include things like:
- funding applications including assistance with travel costs
- benefits such as Disability Living Allowance
- advocacy at meetings with hospital staff
- access to counselling
- assistance with arranging to leave hospital (‘discharge planning’)
Kindred Helpline can provide information and support on a wide range of subjects including:
- support and information with regard to school placements
- applications for trust grant funds for specialist equipment and grants required for caring
- assistance with applying for benefits such as Disability Living Allowance
- advocacy support for statutory meetings with health – including Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS), social work, education and housing
The Helpline team can also offer a block of 5 free counselling sessions to parents whose children are the The Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh, on either and inpatient, or outpatient basis.
How To Get In Touch
Please contact the Helpline on 0800 031 5793 (Choosing option 1, then option 1 again) or by emailing: email@example.com
Intended Client Groups:
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Families of children with complex support needs
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
7 Rutland Court Lane
Monday to Friday 11.00 am - 3.00 pm
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Translation Service
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Kindred
Kindred provides advocacy and information on services available to children with additional support needs and their carers.