Equal Access provides support and information for people from minority ethnic communities who are experiencing feelings of stress, isolation, depression, anxiety or unhappiness and are unable to access information about the services available.
The service aims to:
- Develop mental health support services
- Raise awareness of mental health issues amongst minority ethnic people
- Identify barriers to accessing services
Support is offered in many ways: this may be short-term one to one support; befriending and peer support with volunteers; or support groups and providing information sessions.
The Equal Access team can communicate in many languages other than English.
Equal Access is available to anyone aged 16 or over and from a minority ethnic community, who is living in Midlothian. When you get in touch, you will be invited to meet for an initial chat to assess your needs. The team will work with you to identify your goals and provide support and information on the service available to help you to move forward.
Equal Access also accept referrals from health and social workers, please click here to download a referral form.
On Tuesdays to Thursdays call 07747332567
On Mondays and Fridays call 0131 225 8508
Email: [email protected]
Intended Client Groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People aged 16 and over from a minority ethnic community and who are living in Midlothian.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Old Visitor Centre, National Mining Museum
Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Email: [email protected]
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Information in community languages
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish Charity whose mission is to promote tolerance and greater understanding of mental health issues through:
- Offering a range of mental health and wellbeing services
- Raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues
- Innovating, developing and promoting new approaches to mental health improvement.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Creating Wellbeing – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group
- Wheelbeing Hub