Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
An experienced worker will assist in any appropriate way to enable the person to find a solution to their issue.
The Health in Mind staff with listen to, talk with and support the caller whether they have made contact in person or by phone. They may also offer the person information and support to access other specialised services depending on callers needs. There is an offer of a follow up and support time to help the person resolve any difficulties or issues.
This service is available evenings and weekends. Lines are open:
Mondays to Fridays from 4.00 pm to 10.00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Telephone Number: 0131 663 5533
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Midlothian residents (16-65 years) experiencing mental health difficulties
This service accepts direct self referrals.
All agencies. However, those using the crisis part of service must self-refer.
Contact Info. & Service Address
1 Douglas Crescent
Orchard Centre hours:
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Monday to Friday, 4pm to 10pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm.-
Tel: 0131 663 5533
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
There is on street parking at the centre, however there is no allocated parking for Orchard Centre Service users.
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind has been promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland since 1982. Health in Mind do this by providing a wide range of services to support people and enable them to make a positive difference in their lives. Individuals can approach them directly, or be referred to our services by their GP or another healthcare professional.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Creating Wellbeing – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group
- Wheelbeing Hub