CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery) is a Midlothian peer support project for people with drug or alcohol problems, who are working towards positive mental wellbeing.
CLEAR uses the experience of volunteers who have had addictions themselves in the past to support people who are still going through these difficulties.
Peer Support Service
CLEAR can offer people one-to-one support in the community from a peer support volunteer. The trained peer support volunteers are all people who have experienced substance misuse and mental health difficulties themselves, but have moved on from these and have been in recovery for a number of years.
The aim is to build confidence and self-esteem, giving the person the sense that they are not alone and enabling them to make positive steps in their own life. This could be just a chat over a cup of coffee in a café, going for a walk or taking part in an activity together. It is an informal, non-medical approach to support, and lasts for up to 8 months.
A community drop-in in Bonnyrigg supporting people in their recovery from substance misuse towards positive mental wellbeing. It is an open, friendly drop-in focusing on activities, socialising and informal discussions around addiction and mental wellbeing.
Time: 1.00pm – 3.00 pm
Location: Community Room at the Lasswade Centre, Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg EH19 2LA
Intended Client Groups:
- Drug and Alcohol Users
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Adults aged 18 and over in Midlothian, in recovery from drug and / or alcohol misuse
This service accepts direct self referrals.
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Service Address
The Orchard Centre
14 Lothian Street
Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind has been promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland since 1982. Health in Mind do this by providing a wide range of services to support people and enable them to make a positive difference in their lives. Individuals can approach them directly, or be referred to our services by their GP or another healthcare professional.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Creating Wellbeing – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group
- Wheelbeing Hub