Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
The service gives people the opportunity to work on their mental, emotional and physical wellbeing using art materials alongside talking.
The art materials can give a voice to feelings that are hard to express. Sometimes words may not be easy, but squeezing wet sticky clay, drawing, painting or cutting things up can give expression to something deep down.
The Orchard Centre offer one-to-one and group sessions.
One-to-One Art Psychotherapy
The Orchard Centre offer three sessions and then carry out a review to decide the next steps.
Group Art Psychotherapy
They run three groups:
- 4 week ‘taster’ group
- 6 month short-term group
- a year long-term group
How To Get In Touch
Phone Number: 0131 663 1616
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
1 Douglas Crescent
Tel: 0131 663 1616
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind has been promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland since 1982. Health in Mind do this by providing a wide range of services to support people and enable them to make a positive difference in their lives. Individuals can approach them directly, or be referred to our services by their GP or another healthcare professional.
Services run by this provider
- Art Psychotherapy at the Orchard Centre
- CLEAR Project (Community Lived Experience for Alcohol and drugs Recovery)
- Creating Wellbeing – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Group
- Early Intervention Crisis Response Service (Orchard Centre)
- Equal Access
- Guided Self-Help Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- Midlothian Access Point
- Orchard Centre Services
- Orchard Centre Services – Support from Home
- re:discover Midlothian (Health in Mind)
- Reducing Loneliness & Social Isolation Group
- ROWAN – Respect Our Woodland And Nature
- SHARE (Suicide Harm Awareness Recovery Empathy)
- Sports Shed
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Weekly Midlothian Women’s Group
- Wheelbeing Hub