Alzheimer Scotland Midlothian Services
Alzheimer Scotland provide information and advice to people with dementia, and their carers , family and friends.
There are various services and groups across Midlothian
The 24 hour Dementia Helpline is a freephone Scottish service for people with dementia, carers, relatives, professionals, students and anyone concerned about dementia.
Call 0808 808 3000, or email at: [email protected]
Please note: if you are calling from an ex-directory number dial 1470 before dialling the helpline number
Dementia Link Worker
When someone is diagnosed with Dementia, they will be assigned a Link worker. The Link worker can:
- help to understand the illness and manage your symptoms
- support to keep up your community connections and make new ones
- peer support – the chance to meet other people with dementia and their partners and families
- help to plan for future decision-making
- help to plan for your future support.
For more information about this contact 0131 537 9843 or [email protected]
Local advisors support people with dementia, their partners, families and carers. They also work with local communities.
Your local Dementia Advisor can:
- provide information and advice
- help you find the dementia support that you need
- connect you to local groups and services
- help your local community be more dementia-friendly
- help you influence the policies and services that affect you.
The local Dementia Advisor in Midlothian is Hazel Johnson, Tel 0131 654 1114.
D – Cafe
The D-Cafe is held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month in Dalkeith Baptist Church, North Wynd (the lane between Nationwide and Halifax Bank of Scotland, off High Street).
The Cafe runs from 12.00 pm – 3.00 pm and lunch is provided at a cost of £4. The Cafe is a great place to come to socialise with others and access information.
The Cafe also provides a Carers support group. Various social activities are available for people with dementia.
Support, information and advice are available from the service and other professional agencies.
This is a group for people who are able to attend safely on their own or who are accompanied by someone to support them.
Intended Client Groups:
- Older People
- Person with dementia/interest/carer/health professional
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People with Dementia and their carers
This service accepts direct self referrals.
From person with dementia / alzheimer disease, carer, GP, social work etc.
Contact Info. & Service Address
3 Edinburgh Road,
Monday 10.00 am till 3.30 pm
Tuesday 10.00 am till 3.00 pm
Wednesday 10.00 am till 3.30 pm
Thursday 10.00 am till 3.00 pm
Friday 10.00 am till 3.30 pm
-Day Care - Monday 2pm-6pm, Tuesday to Thursday 1pm-6pm, Sunday 1pm-5pm
Day Opportunity & Housing Support Service - Monday to Friday 9am-5pm -
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- The office and day care has disabled access.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Alzheimer Scotland
Alzheimer Scotland helps people with dementia, their carers and families through advice & support.